IKN Performance is a 1 day 8 hour interactive course that is heavily movement based. We will be covering how to make sports performance & training more stimulatory to the brain and nervous system. We will be focusing on movements that will help improve muscle sequencing, force absorption/creation, speed, and reaction to environment. After attending this course, you will be able to make any movement and tailor it to stimulate the nervous system. We will be using barbells in this course so it helps to be comfortable in that setting.
This course is perfect for anyone who works with athletes on a regular basis (coaches, trainers, PT's, chiros etc).
To Register for the Laren, NL course use link HERE
Details about exact course location and time will be emailed to you after you register for the city you would like to attend at!
9-10:00am: Neurology & Performance
- How does IKN look at performance?
- Neurology 101
- How can neurology affect strength, power and speed?
10:00am-12:00pm Movement Neural Modifiers
- How to make any movement more stimulating to the nervous system?
- Extreme Eccentrics
1:00pm-2:00pm Muscle Sequencing & Co-Contraction
- How to facilitate co-contraction during movement
- Cueing and training concentric contraction during eccentrics
2:00pm-3:30pm Brain Safety & Force Absorption
- Understanding threat, and progressions to improve output
- Force absorption exercises
3:30pm-5:00pm Chaos Training
- Reflexive reactivity training
- Creating resilient athletes